Friday, July 13, 2007

Summer Fun

Well so far with my new work schedule summer has been fun. Julianna and I have gotten to spend lots of extra time together in the mornings working on school stuff. She just finished making cards for a few people, one for her cousin McKade who just had surgery(get well soon McKade). She is very proud of her cards, she wrote real words on them and everything. I helped but she did the work, and made hearts and stickered them completely, such fun.
Julianna and I have also gotten into reading together from the Magic Treehouse series of books. They are a fun and intelligent series, with great research guides to accompany them. They are a homeschoolers dream series. I like them so much I have started bidding on 10-12 book sets on EBAY, cheaper that way. We have been finding that there are many new series of books out now for kiddos that I don't mind reading and Julianna really likes the continuity of the characters and finding out what they learn and discover in the next books. Plus the books can be found for $2.99 at Christmas Tree Shops, so not a bad deal and a series that, once Julianna can read, will provide many hours of self entertaining reading.
Summer for us is a time of reading, it is hot out and sitting with a good book under the shade of the arbor or in the house with a fan is the best way I can think of to pass a few hours. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the last Harry Potter series, but am sad that the saga will end. I will enjoy rereading them though for years to come, and then Julianna can start reading them. I am also excited about the new release of the Nancy Drew movie, I loved Nancy Drew as a girl, my mom gave me her old copies and of course I kept them for Julianna. I also added to the collection when I was a preteen, buying new books in the series with my allowance money, Julianna will have quite a collection. These books were my constant companions for years and so I am very excited to get Julianna interested in them in the next few years.
For summer Jon loves movies especially since Transformers just came out(it was good I really did enjoy it), Pirates of the Caribbean 3(great time there too!) and the Bourne Identity(can't wait to see it!) and of course the new Harry Potter movie.
Between movies, bike riding, beach days with our Ethiopian friends, books and schooling we have a very fun and full summer. Now I have to go since we are off to the beach before it gets too hot, then Julianna gets some time on the computer to feed and play with her little webkinz Midget the Chihuahua. So much to do, so little summer(back packs are in stores already can you believe it!!ACK!!!)Gotta ru and pack a picnic, hugs to all and enjoy the great summer weather, love Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte