If you asked me five years ago how I would be as a dad I would have had to say not to super after all I did not have the most available Father for a role model.Please don't get my wrong my dad loves me to death( and some of the time I really think he means it ha ha).Now seriously I don't even have to ask him and I know he would give me the world if he could. I just wished we spent more time together growing up and away from work, I know he loves me very much and thought it was his duty to be the money maker working all the time to support his family. I really think that he is and was a great dad, he taught me responsibility and morality and taught me to be the hard working man I have become who respects the women in my life , I just wish he didn't have to work all the time when he was able to spend time with us he taught us how to do things and I loved all the time we did spend together again I just wish their was more of it.That s the reason I choose to take a third shift job at night so I could spend time with my child(ren) through out their lives and watch them grow up and be their for them always or try anyway, and even spending mon,wens,fri at home with my daughter I still can't believe how much she has grown ,its like a blink of an eye and she went from fitting in the palm of my hand to become a big girl.
Well back to the point looking back I cant believe that's it been almost Five years since my wife came out of the bathroom on afternoon and asked " Whicht one doe you thinks looks better on me? and when I turned around to look she was holding up 2 bib's that said I love my daddy one in pink and one in blue ( and yes I am getting teary eyed thinking about this).I still remember the first time I held my little girl in my arms and realized that even if she didn't know it I was forever wrapped around her little finger. Later that evening I was getting choked up when Jamie asked why I responded with glee "I get to go to a Father & Daughter Dance".
I never thought that Jamie and I would never go through the joy of childbirth again, and now here we are Julianna just turned 4 this past Christmas. Now I am helping home school Julianna and stand in amazement that this little bundle of joy that I held at the hospital, is sucking up information like a sponge and understanding things that she should not be for a year or so. I love being a dad and not that I am bias but if you ask my daughter she would say my Dad is the best prince charming dragon dad ever. I was looking forward to becoming a father again and after trying for four years and not having any luck getting pregnant we figured that God was great enough to gift us with one miracle that we did 't have the right to gripe to him about not giving us another pregnancy, for we were going to grow our family through the blessing of adoption.
Jamie and I are fine with that and have accepted that our family will grow this year through adoption . We are almost through all of the paperwork and are hopefully reaching the the waiting faze by the end of this month. The one thing we have not accepted are all the comments and sarcasm that get tossed our way I know that some people don't intend to be insulting but come on and think before the words come out.If you don't know yet we are adopting siblings from Ethiopia, and yes they are black..... So let me ask some of you if my family is multicultural do you think I really want to hear Jokes that insult Black people?Or that I want to hear any comments about how I am not a real man because I can't get my wife pregnant. Well I really don't want to hear about it if its God's will then so be it I am so excited about the thought of sharing my love with more children and it doesn't matter if they don't come from my wife and I They will be conceived from our heart, and if we don't have any more children I only can say we would smother our poor child with to much love. Well any who I just had heard one to many comments about the whole adoption and things and just had to say something. So as my mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. I am so excited about this adoption and getting our new children from Ethiopia that it makes me overjoyed to think about it.well that and a $2.05 will bye you a cup of coffee hopefully a fair trade Ethiopian coffee . thanks again for thanking the time to read and visit our blog and we can't wait in till we are able to post pictures of our new children lots of love and God bless Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment