So, for dinner we had chicken tortilla soup, and dumplings, a first for me. I made a disclaimer before dinner about the dumplings, and Mia, with a skeptical face asked "what are dumplings, anyway?". To this I crazily replied "if I rolled you in flour and threw you in the soup pot, that would be a dumpling!" Say What, but it just gets better, seriously, where do I come up with this stuff??!!! "Yeah right mom, what are they really" is the sassy response I got, "when you break it open you are gonna find fairy legs and gnome bodies, really" I state straight faced!! Then dissolve in convulsive laughter, cackling inconveniently while Jon says grace and everyone adds what they are thankful for that day, me "a good day, great message at church, and fairy legs in the dumplings!!", cackle cackle, muffled as best I can! My dad, "great day,great church, roof over our heads, good friends and loving family, and gnome bodies!!" here I lost it, snorting helplessly, totally hysterical!!! So, do not eat at our house when there are dumplings on the menu, you never know what you might hear!!!
snorting helplessly again, I tagged this one with fave recipes!!!! hahahahahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment