Wednesday, January 5, 2011

grace looks like this, today...

Sometimes giving grace looks a bit different than you might imagine, today grace looks like this:

This lump is Little man, he is currently uninterested in doing school, so he is resting his mind, as he is too tired to use them, or his brain today, grace, since I did not yell, negate his tiredness, or nag him, he got a graceful pass, for today.


Grace for the girls, they did their math and writing/copywork well, and even managed to learn a tricky new concept, so they get grace, free time to play paper dolls, and use their write your own princess story.

Grace for the mama who had a trying morning all before it had barely begun.  Grace to not beat myself up over missed classes and general irritability, due to circumstances beyond my control, grace for me, peppermint mocha and a shortbread cookie.

Grace for the other drivers around me, especially the bus drivers, who need to stop every block to pick up kids, because these kids cannot all walk more than 30 yards to another block, grrrrr, need more grace there I think.

Lord, today please give me grace, for I have not been the mother, teacher, friend, wife, or nanny you would have me be, please make me grace-filled (never graceful, that is too tall a task I think,  even for God;-).  Amen to grace...

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte