Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mid- winter inspiration, great site revisited...

So, I have written a class schedule for the new year, we are trying out something new, at least to us, and trying to follow a self regulated schedule.  We will see how this goes, but I am hopeful that now that the girls are a bit older, they will be able to follow the written format I have worked out, we will see.
On a fun note, I have planned in some free computer game time for them, and for little man, with my help of course.  So, I have had the fun of surfing the web looking for safe, fun, and educational games that to explore when it is their turn at the Apple.  I have found a fave old standby to be the best bet, safest, and with fun games of every skill level and type.  My first choice site will be at Scholastic.com, their kid site is great, and the parent and teacher site very cool too.  They have been around forever, and so there is a lot of info and helpful ideas there, great for the midwinter, I-have-no-idea-what-we-will-do-tomorrow:-0 days!!!  On their parent site they have a really fun, free link to doing your own play, from the movie Megamind, it looks cute, and emphasizes punctuation, reading with expression, etc, very good for the mid winter English class, and for a fun art/stage set class too, nicey, nice:-)  Here is the link, check it out, you might find it right up your snow filled alley; Megamind play

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte