Join us in discovering the adventures that await us on our path to grace in our God, come see what this family loves...
Thursday, December 2, 2010
keep on, keeping on...
So, not having the greatest homeschool week, started with a testy photo session on Monday, compounded by colds and general boogieness, then moved on to unpleasant attitudes and inability to listen or follow simple directions, all made so much better by being stuffed up, with brains leaking out with every tissue used(or so hubby says;-). Yesterday I seriously considered running away, or at the very least calling a halt to all learning, and taking the month off to paper the house in crafts, glitter, glue, and scraps of fabric. It still seems to be a good idea, but today I have a new lease on life, or at least teaching, all thanks to my biggest angel;
Yesterday, before bed Julianna came out, holding her Bible, and proceeded to read the Christmas story to Jon and I. This was an unprompted attempt to make me feel better, and it worked. It also reminded me of just why we homeschool, why we slog through the days of feeling like nothing will ever be learned, retained, or accomplished, feeling like our house will never again be clean, quiet or paper scrap free, then, on those days one of my sweet angels does something, and reminds me of the "why". We do this crazy thing, and lead this crazy life because we are called to give this knowledge, this love and this grace to our children, we feel better equipped to teach, guide and mold them in finding their purpose in God's world, that is why we keep going on, keeping on, and on, and on, and on, even when we don't want to, we keep on, and I am thankful that my children are there to remind me of that, every day, in so many ways!!!
So to keep you all going I will add some pics of the babes from earlier this week, many came out wonderfully, but I was too far sunk to see it until earlier, hope you enjoy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte



No comments:
Post a Comment