Saturday, October 23, 2010

empty space...

Sometimes, after having been surrounded by what seems like a dozen little maniacs chicklings, I need a bit of quiet time, mama needs a time out.  Yesterday was one of those days, and Jon needed me to find something, an important something no less.  I was completely incapable of putting together a coherent sentence, much less retrace my steps from 2 days before to find this important something.  I just needed some empty head space, so I got my book and sat down to read, Jon tried to talk to me, but got nearly no answer, and so he gave up and left me to my space.
With so many asking questions, and needing me to remind them of nice and safe behavior, quiet is a much desired commodity in our house.  Sometimes the only quiet space I can find is in my own head, so I go and hide in a peaceful empty corner of my head, until it seems to safe to emerge again, refreshed and capable of finding all lost items.  I am a better mama for the time out, so I think I will plan more of them into my day.
For all of those who think there might be a large amount of quiet empty space in my head, I will have you know that that space is currently being cluttered up by visions of pacifiers and where they have gone to, what we are eating for dinner, piles of laundry, school work needed to be done, wondering what exactly that Lego piece is for, so it is very full in my head very little room for fluff anymore;-)

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte