Fast forward 10 minutes, I have the little troops marshaled, shoed, and packed, and Z is abruptly pulled out of sugar plum fairy land, to be thrust in to "Ami's crazy whirl", poor baby! Off to the school we speed, all the while I am calling the pediatric office, talking to nurses and awaiting a reply, then I finally get the big daddy, Dr. D.B., and we agree to meet at the Ped. office and reconvene once I have gotten little chick in my care.
Fast forward (and fast driving) 20 minutes are we screech into school and race to get the wounded chick, and take a look at her broken wing, it is swollen, and tender, but not crazy huge. While getting chicky we get called by the Ped. office, they recommend heading straight to the ER, oh joy, oh fun, our first ER visit. I relay message to daddy Dr. and plan to meet in the arrivals area.
Needless to say the highway exits confound me, yet again, and I get off the highway too early, (stupid signage is the cause, that is my story and I am stickin' to it!!), and I finally make it to the ER lots, to find they are full!!! AHHHHHH you are kidding, right, do they know how heavy Zizzy is, or how quickly chicky is crumbling, really, I may never make the long haul to the ER without an ambulance from the lots, aahhhhh.
At this very moment daddy Dr. (who shall be forever known as Super Dr. Dad in my mind) swoops in and rescues us, carrying the wounded chicky all the way to the ER, where we proceed to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, break for height weight check, and wait, and wait, and wait, break for check in, and wait, and wait, and wait, break for snacks, and wait, and wait, then finally they head back to be seen, and then more, you guessed it, waiting, did I mention that this was fun yet??!!!!!
After nearly 3 hours we left, without Super Dr. Dad and little chick, and went to church for Awana and pizza, well deserved after the hard afternoon we had all put in, with all of our waiting, and sitting, and yet more waiting:-)
Little chick has a broken wrist, and is now wearing a light fabric cast, and will hence forth not be leaping off of monkey bars and landing hands first, she has learned that the waiting is as bad as the actual injury. On a side note, Zizzy is currently sporting a "broked "list" " too, and flops her hand up and down to prove just how "broked" her "list" truly is. Oh, too much fun these kids.
pics of the broken chick can be seen at the chicken coop's blog, go see the poor "broked" baby;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment