Sunday, July 25, 2010

making it up as I go:-)

One would think, that as I teach my kids, and others every day that I would be more prepared, or at least less nervous, but no, I am currently typing with knocking knees, shaky hands(the spelling errors are mounting already!), and a rolling stomach, all because I am teaching Sunday school today.  I have been the assistant before, but this is the first time I will teach it myself, yipes!!!  It is not a hard crowd, all Amelia's age group so they are easy, but still, I have to be the teacher, what if I flub, or say the wrong thing, or can't answer a kids question, or...no that is the devil making me more nervous, lalalalalalalalalalalalala!!!
Okay, I am teaching today, and doing it with my usual flair for the not totally prepped, but ready just the same.  The program we are using does not have much going on for this week, that is the bad news, good news, I can wing it like I usually do, and we should be fine, if all else fails there is snack time, and I have a few games on the back burner:-)  Really though, the craft was not great, and the songs unknown to me, so I really had to kind of make it up a bit myself, but it should be fine, we will see when Mia gets up if it passes her critique or not;-)
So here goes, yesterday I was a slightly crazed, not-so-organized homeschool mama and loopy wife, today I awoke to a new and improved version of the same me, with the funny and funky Sunday school teacher added on to the list of titles, not too shabby to my way of thinking, now to gather the troops and get on out the door!!
God bless all, me too please, please, please...

1 comment:

christinethecurious said...

Prepping for a new round of Sunday school or VBS gets me nervous too - in fact, I'm studying for our fun fair tonight.

-Christine

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte