I have a devotional Bible and the page I opened to said this:
"Patience is a positive trait. It is the ability to bear affliction, delay and interruption with calmness, perseverance and confidence in the goodness of God" Collossians 1:11-12
Hmmm, methinks this might be aimed at me right now, as the devotional goes on to say that "Patience is an inward peace as well as an outward control", ahhhhhhhh.
This was such a good reminder for me that I wrote it in my church journal, my new church journal. Jon just bought it for me, along with the book tabs, because I had been taking so many notes, he is so sweet, I am so blessed!! So the very first thing I have in my church journal is about patience, there as a reminder when I start to lose my outward control and my inward calm.
Come to find out we had left on 1 Corinthians 13, the chapter of "Love is... ". I need to find more patience in myself, in order to show a more loving self to my family, all in all, a very God blessed error I think!!
No comments:
Post a Comment