Wednesday, March 31, 2010

on to clean up

So, flood waters have receded from the basement, now on to the clean up... I have surveyed the damage, and the loss, and am now waiting for a decent day to start getting things out to dry out, and see what can be salvaged. It is hard, wet, and gross, but has to be done, along with regular shop vac use, to keep the seepage from the floor to a minimum of ponding. I can handle the clean up, the loss of memories, papers, Christmas ornaments, toys and other items, but the loss of my new washer is enough to make me tear up. I love my new front loader H.E. washer, it is great, and now it is holding my laundry hostage, flashing a code at me that, according to the manufacturer site, is an electrical problem, involving a costly repair man visit. Great, just great, nasty muddy clothes, and no washer, sigh, now I feel defeated, the lack of a washer does me in...uuhhhhhhhh

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte