Tuesday, March 16, 2010

blessings of an amazing hubby, and sleeping angels...

Yesterday was one of those days, noone could focus, noone could get their work finished, noone could be kind to anyone else, that kind of a day... Yuck!!! I had been battling a bad case of rudeness, pervasive disrespect, and a lack of regard for actually doing our school work, not fun, and it came to a head yesterday, I had had enough!!! I rarely blow up over anything anymore, but I did yesterday, the girls could not manage to even get through a single subject, it was like their heads had emptied overnight of all intelligent thoughts, only cotton was left. Add this to the snotty and bratty attitude, and you have a recipe for sending mommy over the edge, not fun to say the least, some little folks spent their free time in their beds, out of mommy's sight!
So, late in the afternoon Jon calls, at which time G decides to do headstands in quiet time, ggrrr. Truly, my hubby is a blessing to me, he can just listen, and understand, and make me feel better, more in control, more capable, this is a gift of his, amazing! So, while telling Jon about the horrors of our day, and the attitudes i had been dealing with for an extended period of time, he helped me to really see the problems, and to work my way around toward the solutions for some of the issues. He blessed me with his patient and listening attitude, and he really listened to a rant, not an easy feat to be patient through. When I got home he calmly sat down with the kids at dinner and explained about the problems as we saw them, and the ways we were going to be addressing them, and the consequences for not complying. These measures may be a bit restrictive, but it was becoming a very pervasive nasty attitude, affecting daily life, and our school life, so it really needed a firm hand to deal with. He then sat down with each girl and helped them to really pray, and to ask for forgiveness and help in problem areas. Truly, he is an amazing man, and a blessing to our family every day.
Then in the middle of the night i had to get up and check the sump pump(not a blessing, but necessity in a soggy city and an old house at the bottom of a long hill:-( ). The blessing was before I went back to my cozy bed, I stopped and tucked in each kid, putting J so her head was back on the pillow instead of her feet, and tucking the cover over Mia's feet, kissing each soft warm cheek, then moving in to cover G and tuck back in his hanging out foot, and kiss his sweet baby cheek. While doing these sweet, and fleeting mommy duties, I reflected on how wonderful, sweet, funny, and giving my children truly are, how much I love them, even when they drive me to the brink of tears. I took the opportunity to thank God for the blessings of these amazing children that he has given me stewardship over, and made me more resolved to continue down the hard roads, these children are to precious to back down and take it easy.
I am so very blessed, it just takes my patient hubby, and sleeping angels to make me see it sometimes...

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte