Now during our dinner time we always ask each member to mention the best thing in their day, and the worst part too. Each kid went and told theirs, but when it got to Jon he said his worst part was snapping at mommy, instead of helping out and working together, that it was a mean and hurtful reaction, then he asked for my forgiveness. I love my hubby, and am so blessed by him, truly, he showers me and the kids with love and attention, and in this very simple and sweet way he sought forgiveness and showed our children that everyone makes mistakes, even daddies. He had really taken the Love Dare lessons to heart and put them into practice, and I was once again the lucky recipient!!
Join us in discovering the adventures that await us on our path to grace in our God, come see what this family loves...
Monday, February 22, 2010
The "Dare" delivers
So, as I mentioned a month or so ago I had been doing the Love Dare on Jon, and had been working my way through the days, getting better about letting go of the little things, accepting and finding happiness at what ever place i am in life, and coming to understand that what bothered me was more about me, than him. So last night, I am making dinner, fish fry and rice, and am busy with the hot oil. I had gotten out the silverware for the kids to set the table, not wanting them in the kitchen near the hot stove, but the table was a mess. There was books, tax stuff, the newspaper, and art supplies all over, so I called Jon and asked him to come assist in picking it all up. I was unaware that Jon had just sat down to read the paper, so he was a bit disgruntled and snarly about the interruption, one in a long line of them in that hour. He grouched and muttered, but did the job, and I fumed, until I remembered that I had been relaxing and scrapbooking child free for a hour prior to making dinner, and he had been riding herd on the crew. He really deserved the break, and a break from my attitude. I accepted that I should have tidied the table first, start dinner second, and dinner went on nicely after that. I had put in to practice the Love Dare lessons and all was nice and happy in my world again.
Labels:
our love,
our purpose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte
No comments:
Post a Comment