Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I am resolved...

So, the New Year has past, and I am resolved. I rarely make New Year's resolutions, I just don't see the point of trying to change my life just because a change of calendar pages, plus it has never really worked for me, except the year Jon and I resolved to have a baby, and we did, exactly 358 days later:-) but that was a bit different!!
This year I have made a few resolutions though, and these have been creeping up on me lately, they are not new, or radically different, just things I am hoping to become more resolved about, and better at...
I am resolved to be more purposeful with my time and attention, to not let the little moments slip by and accumulate like dust bunnies under the couch, I want to be more present, every breath counts and cannot be relived, only remembered.
I am resolved to let gentle words cross my lips more often than irritated ones, or impatient ones, to let my words be God's words, and my hands be His to guide and direct as well.
I am resolved to give myself more of a break when things do not go as planned, to let myself off the hook when the house is a mess, and 5 kids are running me ragged, and I have not unloaded the dishwasher in a day or two, this too shall pass!
I am resolved to be more Faith filled, and to live my faith out loud. To show others my faith and the wonders of adoption whenever I am out with my crew, they are my purpose, and I want to live more toward them and their shining lights.
I am resolved to grow more in my faith with my husband, by reading a Purpose Driven Life together,and discussing it, reading our couples devotional together, and (this is unknown to him right now) by doing the Love Dare with the KLOVE crew on their webpage.

All of my resolutions have been brewing and working in my life for a while now, but on New Year's Eve I said them all out loud an really committed to it, and so far I have done a fair job of getting into it, and am committed to continuing.
Jamie
PS losing a few pounds and being more fit would be nice to, but I plan to exercise other muscles more, so we will see how that shapes up;-)

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte