Saturday, December 26, 2009

December the 26th...

Well, it is now December 26th, and the craziness is over, and we are still standing, and so is the house;-). Christmas day was great, the kids loved their gifts, and had so much fun, and they were so cute when they woke up and came out to see the tree and their stockings, Julianna took Gabe's hand and led him to his stocking and told him it was all his, so sweet! The whole time they opened gifts they would open it and "look at this Grampa" would ring out, as every gift was held up for inspection and ooohhing and aahhing, they are so precious! Then when we got to the gifts they bought for mommy and daddy they had to stand with us as we opened them, and tell us all about them, I got lots of great spa stuff, for my spa dates with the kids, and some lovely new bath wash and perfume, Jon got a nativity, a flag and pole, and a back scrubber and massager, very good stuff!!!
Jon and I had a wonderful Christmas too, I got Mary Ostyn's books, both of them, more about them in a later post. I gave Jon the Jesus Freak book by Toby Mac and Michael Tait, Santa gave us a couples devotional Bible too. we also gave each other puffy vests, mine has a fur collar, oohh, lala! I got some gorgeous new clothes too, and a Wonder Woman outfit, the top tank and the bottom bikinis, so very funny, and I may wear it some days just to remind me that to a few little ones I am Wonder Woman, even when I feel like the Grinch! All around very perfect, Jon said that he got nothing on his wish lists, and instead got things that we all picked out and it was even better than he had asked for, he is so sweet. Soon he will be a Cake Boss, he got a gift of classes for ckae decorating, and some gret idea books, and fondant cutters too, he was thrilled!!
Jon and I bought the kids each a baby doll, J got one that has light brown straight hair, Mia got a brown baby with super curly soft hair, and G got a baby that is brown and has no hair(they do not make nice little brown boy babies;(, but he loves the one he got. They also got tons of clothes from Grammy, and G got enough Playmobil stuff for a small store, they have been busy since playing with these new treasures, rearranging and organizing to their sweet hearts content;-)
It was a wonderful day caped by a small birthday cake for J and watching daddy play his new Indiana Jones Lego game for the Wii, for anyone who wants a fun game that is kid friendly the Lego series is great, fun, not violent and lots of hidden treasures and collecting things to go back and get extra treasures, so very money worthy, and the kids love to "coach" daddy, calling out advice and comments, all helpful stuff of course;-)
Must go now and help to tidy up and arrange the girls room to fit in the new stuff, a huge task but I have helpers!

1 comment:

Adventures of Antone said...

Can't wait to see all the fun cakes Jon learns to make! We'd be glad to volunteer our time as tasters. :) Merry Christmas!

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte