Tuesday, September 1, 2009

5 kids and very busy!!

Seriously I am so bad!! I am sorry to any who read this, I have been such a slacker lately, but have good reason I swear! So, I have become a nanny for Esther and Kidist, and it has been an a adjustment, who knew having 5 kids in my care would be hard?! We are doing pretty well now, each kid is finding their new role in this grouping and I am learning how to handle and organize all these kids. Seriously people with multiples have to organize everything from how you get into and out of places, to who gets into and out of the car first, otherwise you have little ones wandering, no one able to buckle themselves in, and confusion over who sits where, it is a bit crazy, but gets easier every day. the biggest change is for Gabe, he is now no longer the baby, so he has to contend with competition, and do more for himself. The competition he is doing well with, he doesn't seem to mind, but the doing more for himself he is struggling with a bit, being the baby he had more hands helping him, but now he is not the baby, poor bugger. On the flip side he is obviously not meant to ever be the baby in the family, he loves having the baby around, to show her things, give her things, and try to help her do things. He likes to be able to do things for Esther, since he always has to have us do things for him, so it is nice for him to be the big boy helper for once. Esther is adjusting well to our much crazier house and schedule, and she seems to be having fun with the kids, they make her squeal and giggle like crazy, each has a different funny thing that they do with her, I will have to take pics to show, they are too funny!!
Gotta go, having 5 kids is tiring and I have to get up early tomorrow to get some running in.

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte