So Sunday in church the Pastor talked about Jesus and how he is not committed to people, and their ideas of good or evil, but to what God decrees is good or evil, John 2, 23-24. He went on to encourage us all to be more Christ like, and commit ourselves not to human ideals, but to Holier ones, he wanted a human death, and a spiritual birth in us all, so here goes:
The Epitaph for Jamie DuPonte:
Today we celebrate the death of Jamie, and rejoice in her spiritual rebirth. We celebrate the death of her arrogance, vanity, impatience, intolerance, and demanding nature. She is now reborn with a spirit filled with goodness, faith, gentleness, temperance and forbearance. From this day forward she will walk a closer path with the Lord, allowing him to guide her and work though her for His glory.
I have written this here for all (who read this) to see, but mostly for myself, for those days when I cannot seem to remember to let the unimportant things go, to be more patient or kind, when the voice in my head screams "AAARRGGGHHH". I want to be filled with goodness, faith and temperance, so I am writing this as a reminder to myself, and as commitment. I will achieve these new goals and be filled with God's love and life, just one day at a time, starting today!
No comments:
Post a Comment