Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So I did it, I went out and took my new sneaks for a test run, and they are super comfy!! Thanks Baby for getting them for me! I did not go far, but I did run so it is a good start for the upcoming 5K in September (YIKES!!)
In other more exciting news I am happy to say some very good friends are traveling to Ethiopia to pick up and bring home their new baby boy, NEXT WEEK!!!!! This was a surprise to them they thought they would have to wait until later this month, but surprise, in 6 days!! Their family on the other hand has made me very angry on their behalf, ggrrrrr. These are the friends that do anything for their family and friends, they go to every baby shower and bridal shower, every christening and wedding, and now that they finally get to have one of their own . . . . . . . . their family cannot manage to get it together and throw them a shower. Seriously this makes me so mad, they have had a referral in hand since spring, and still the family cannot manage to get their heads around the fact that this is real, and that this very real baby needs things, and this very real mommy needs some acknowledgement of her new mommy status. Not too hard to accomplish I think, but I am apparently wrong, and when I tried to throw a shower I was shot down, well ssppppfffttttt to them I say! On Sunday K is getting cupcakes and a gift or two(prepare yourself K, I will bring the tissues:) But still it is not the same, and that makes me mad, so very, very mad, ggrrrrrr...

1 comment:

Adventures of Antone said...

Thanks for being such good friends...we'll look forward to seeing you on Sunday :)

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte