A must read from a very insightful adoptive mom at CHSFS. This was printed in Vogue and really helps to explain the "why Ethiopia" question since for most of us it was not driven by a celebrity hot-spot of the moment mentality. Good job Bess for tackling the monumental question with a concise, logical and intelligible answer to a question I always seem to stumble over.
It is hard to tell someone who inquires, that I felt God lead me to Ethiopia and I in turn led Jon. This gets raised eyebrows more often than not, and then the questioner quietly edges away not wanting to be in the vicinity of someone who hears God in her head and sees his vision of what is to be, in her dreams, too weird for most. For me it is even a bit weird but since i do believe it is God, not just a random dream I do listen, and try to follow where I am being led and so that may mean a return trip to Ethiopia in the future, but I am okay with that.
Enjoy the article and pass it on! Jamie
http://www.style.com/vogue/feature/2009/06/madonna-and-child/?mbid=rss_feature
No comments:
Post a Comment