A good hair care regimen seems to help Heather's game;)
I love the Fourth of July, it is so much fun even when I have to work in the morning. The Toppa family party is always a god time with great food, fun family, a poo and of course the huge volleyball matches. Seriously, the day f just hanging out and catching up is one of my fave holiday traditions, it is so peaceful just laying around, talking, and eating goodies, wrestling with the kids, keeping ice out of my pants(thanks uncle Matty:), and just being there, fun relaxation!!!
We are getting to a point now where we don't try to take on the younger kids, but work together to make a good team. We work smarter, not harder as they say, and my part of working smarter, is to not work at all, I am the photographer, and I got some great action shots of the matches, even a shot of Heather hitting the ball, go Heather!!! The kids had a great time cheering for their fave aunt and uncle too and even though I don't remember who won the matches it was still a great afternoon!!
We stayed for the fireworks which were great! They went on for quite a long time and after a bit I noticed Gabe was no longer watching them. He had been sitting next to my leg, leaning on me but then my foot felt a bit damp and heavy, and when I looked down I noticed that he had his forehead on my foot, and hi nose pressed into the decking! Poor baby fell asleep and had a wood grained nose and chin:) The girls loved the fireworks display though and commented on the colors and patterns, it was loads of fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment