Sunday, June 14, 2009

Still needed

So, I have just returned home from doing a short stint as an innsitter, and have realized that I am still needed. This comes as something of a surprise to me, since I had assumed that when I left the Inn, they would be fine, and they seemed fine, which is kind of depressing in a way. I had wished tat they had seemed to need me a bit more since I had given them 11 years of great help, but they seemed fine. Well, I was wrong,. they really need me, the Inn is a bit of a mess, at least to my super standards, so I spent hours happily puttering around tidying and dusting and remembering how much I love innkeeping. I really do, and am glad to be involved in it, but glad that I am not so involved in it anymore. I may be returning to the innkeeping world for short periods of work this summer, but nothing that will take me away from the family too much, as there is greater satisfaction in being needed at home, than any job could provide. But still, it is reassuring to know that I am still needed and appreciated.

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte