Ok I have my Official Time for my 1/2 marathon....
2:19:49.30
Now the day after I am feeling ok, except for my calf feels like it on a small smoldering fire( now thats a good thing because yesterday it felt like someone stuck a knife in my calf)
A quick race recap.....I started the race with one of my friends from UPS. We started running at a good pace 9-9.5 mon pace about +1 min over my normal pace for distance. I kept with her for the first three mile and then i had a shoe lace problem and had to make a quick pit stop. I felt great for most of the race and was hitting my runners high around mile 7 Mid hill we had a hill that lasted about 1-1.5 mile with about 150 ft evaluation dubed the hill of death!!!!!. and then just at the top of the hill my calf SCREAMED please stop. after a quick pit stop for stretching I mustered up and continued on after a little hobbling along I worked through the race. I made it to mile 12 before I had to walk a little bit and saved some strength for a good looking Home stretch finish.( I didn't want to look bad for the Family)
All in all i am very proud of my self it was a little harder than i planned for but i did finish above my Goal and with continuing training I have faith that I will be ready for 26 miles in Oct....... thank you to my Friends and Family who have cheered me on and thank you God for getting my motivated to get back into running .
God Bless and love ya all Jon
Ps now look at my running Avatar.......Go man GO
No comments:
Post a Comment