Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Four dogs and a snow turtle?!?!!


Our big handsome old man, happiest in the snow!!

What a sweet little face, our little snow Cricket!!


I have never seen a puppy with this color of coat before;)


This one looks like she might be rabid:)


"How much are those puppies in the snow pile?"


Oh here's the little snow turtle!

Well, the sun is shining, and the temp is just above freezing, so we headed out to tire the kiddos out for a nice quiet time. The girls determined that they were snow dogs today, and cavorted and wagged their way around the yard, thankfully neither stopped to lift a leg on the hydrangea bush;)!! The girly snow puppies happily chased and leaped after the furry snow puppies, who loved having funny friends to bound around with!! Strangely Cricket loves the snow just about as much as Dakota does, though poor old man he gets tired much faster now that he is in his teens:( Gabe has so much fun in the snow until he tips over, which is mostly every other minute, then he flails about trying to get up, much like a turtle, hence his new nickname "snow turtle". Poor guy he just has such a hard time flipping over, and I am no help as I think it is funny, maybe I will post the pics of the face he makes when he is mad at me because I am laughing at him!! His mad- at- me face it very similar to the face he makes when his mitten falls off and his hand comes into contact with snow, it is a face of horror and disgust, the face you would make if you put your hand into something on the seat next to you in a darkened movie theater, the face you're making right now just thinking that, that is the face he makes at me, lucky mommy that I am I seem to be immune to the face of doom;)!!!
Whilst my offspring cavorted, leaped, rolled and flopped about in the snow I happily sat on the big wooden swing in the sunshine and took pics, threw the random snow ball at a child, or puppy, or anyone who came near enough to hit!! It was a lovely way to wear the kids out and while away an hour, and now I have another free hour to do whatever I want as they rest and plot their next foray into driving mommy crazy!! Gotta go relax while I can, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte