Check out this nicely organized Polly Pocket set up,
and the bins hold dress up jewelry,
and of course our legos bin, this will be an ever expanding bin I am sure!!
Ah the lovely school desk space, so nice, so tidy,
so full of fun stuff to play with and learn with, Heavenly!!
Well, I spent the majority of yesterday cleaning out(read here hoeing out!!), the kids rooms. It was a snowy day, not good for being out, so we got right to work in the morning. When Jon got up after 10 he found us hip deep in Barbies, dress up, and stuffed animals, and he waded right in, what a guy!!! He proceeded to pull apart the dress up room and reorganize, revamp and put up tons of storage hooks, baskets etc to make the dress up space more functional, and more fun since now the girls can find all of their fave things!
While my darling hubby did this, I worked to go through all of the pony things, Barbie things and dolly stuff, OMG!!!! How in the world did 2 little girls accumulate so much stuff!!?! I swear we did not buy it all for them, I swear it!! I think the ponies are doing a bit of funny business while we sleep, that is the only possible explanation, and the clothes, the clothes!! All of our ponies, Barbies and dollies have piles of clothes, kind of like the girls in that respect:). I sorted all of that out, and the pic below shows the end results, very nice I think!!
I spent the afternoon after quiet time going through all of our homeschool stuff in the girls desk area. I removed everything from the shelves, found things I had forgotten we had and reorganized according to the girls interests and abilities, now they can get out simple games, and they each have a space on the desk that is their own, to work in and keep tidy too!! Going through the boxes on those shelves was like going shopping at my fave craft store, it was great!! I found tons of fun kits, and tools for teaching, plus lots of fun card games and teaching helpers, lovely. I have no idea how we accumulate so much stuff, I really don't, I think that it too might reproduce at night!! Now I just have our homeschool space in the dining room to work on, and we will be all organized and I will be able to implement some of the new teaching ideas Jon and I have been brainstorming, oh what fun is ahead;)
The new and tidier reading nook, with bins of barbies, ponies and dollies with their clothes, cozy and fun!!
Gabe now has a new shelf unit daddy built, so now it is easy for G to get his toys out and put them away. I will have the rest of the labels on the fronts of the bins today, so he does a pretty good job of putting things away where they belong. It feels sort of like a kindergarten classroom in his room, but it helps him, and he seems to function well in that type of environment, so I will live with it. also for G daddy pulled out the Little people world, so G has been happily making that sing, alot! Sigh, I had forgotten how annoying the Little People song could be! Now all that is required is a coat of paint and his room will be all set and easy for him to navigate and do things for himself, very important for his budding independent streak!
The new and improved G station, just waiting for a coat of paint, and some busy hands to tear it apart!!
So all of this, plus many bags for charity and a few bags of garbage later, I feel content with a job well done. With all the fam's help it went well and fairly smoothly, and now I can sit back and admire our day well spent, it was all in a days work for this busy family, pat on the back for us today!!
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment