This past weekend was the Crawford family get together, and it was great!! Even with a few guys missing it since they had to deal with house issues after an ice storm, it was still lots of fun!! Quite a few years ago, after my grandpa died we decided to take turns having the party, and this year it was our turn, so all of the family, and all of the kids came, there were over 25 people in my mom's house, can you say crowded!! Then they came to my house for brunch, even more crowded, but still very fun!! There are now 8 kiddos under the age of 7, 4 of them are age 6, Yikes!!! It was great, and all of the little cousins played very nicely, not too much drama and no trauma!! I love to see my cousins, and their kids, it is so fun, and so much like when I was a kid, we used to all get together all the time and we had so much fun playing, it is great to see our kids doing the same thing!! I love that they all get along pretty well, and that I get to hang with my very fun and cool cousins and chat and laugh until I cry and my sides hurt. I often wonder what my grandparents would think of our families, and I think they would love all of the kids, they are precocious, funny, smart, dramatic and in no way shy, a perfect fit for our family!! I am certain my grandparents would laugh to see the antics of these kids, to see Bree sing her little heart out, and quiet Craig's little boy Colin with his fabulous comedy(think boyish Lucille Ball!), Aidan would spend her time sitting with grandpa reading the Reader's Digest;), my girls would likely be bugging grandma in the kitchen, and Gabe would cuddle with grandpa and chat up a storm, while Evan and McKade would likely be outside making a tree fort or helping grandpa out in the shed to build or repair something. Grandma and grandpa would love our kids and what we have done with our lives, and I am sorry they can't be here to teach our kids all the wonderful things that we learned in their fun old house with the great hiding places and secret corners, I miss them more each year! I am thankful every year that we take time out to get together and spend a weekend catching up and hanging out, letting our kids play and get to know each other the way we did as kids, having plain old fun with cousins is a memory I will always cherish, and I am sure our kids will too as they get older!!
Now I have to get to the library before we get the 10" of snow predicted today!! Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment