I love apples, and so do the kids, so I often make applesauce for us, and they love it!! Well we went up to VT for an overnight(more on that later), and my aunt Linda and uncle Norm very generously let me take home as many apples as we wanted to carry. I took three bags full, big bags full, and am now processing those into juice and applesauce. I would love to have brought more, but Jon was giving me the "look" that says I am crazy, and need to control myself!! I have already turned one big bag into juice, and am getting ready to make apple sauce with the other bags, now AI need to get canning jars to put it into, since my freezer is full of grape juice and soon bags of apple juice. The apples are good, very juicy, and tangy, with lovely pink veins, and it makes the juice rosy, and the applesauce too. While we were picking up the apples, the kids were munching on apples, they are spotty, since they are organic and never sprayed, but very yummy, with no worms or bugs. The only downside is they have been falling in the yard, and uncle Norm has mowed over them some, so some are a bit funky from getting mowed. Gabe had a blast putting apples in the bags, but I had to pick through and pull out the nasty ones, he just threw them all in, what a helper!!
The kids had such a fun time staying over, and playing with all of their cousins. The noise level was high, but fun, and the kids all played very well, no hurt kids, or fighting, too much!! It was a fun time, and My little ones really got into playing with a larger group of kids, and the boy cousins were surprised to find a girl cousin who is rough and tumble too, Amelia had a blast rough housing with McKade and Colin.
I have to go since the therapist is here, and MB wants to play Webkinz, but will post more alter, with pics too, love to all J
No comments:
Post a Comment