Thursday, August 28, 2008

When you want a "redo" on the day, Don't!!

You know those days it all starts bad and you just want a "redo" for the day, I had one of those yesterday!! Gabe was up every 1 1/2 hours all night, and finally woke at 4:30 and would not sleep again, So I tried to nap with him next to me, but no doing!! I really wanted to start the day over then, but the girls got up, everyone but mommy was in a good mood, and so we began our day. The kids were really good, Gabe was not even grumpy for his lack of sleep, he passed the grumps to me, but I did my best. We did a ton of stuff in the morning, went to Job Lot for cereal, (they have a great selection of organic ones for $2-$3, good price!!) went to the grocery store too, and through it all the kids were good, and I kept my temper pretty well in control. On the way to the store we had seen a crew digging the street and installing new drain pipes, so MB asked about this, why the digging, what were the trucks, etc, so I explained to her in simple terms, which she quietly pondered. When we left the grocery store and headed home MB had more questions about the street crew, then told me that she remembers digging and pipes like this in Ethiopia, and then suddenly more memories flowed out, with some prompting from me, very real and interesting stuff!! Once we were home we put groceries away and headed out to pick grapes and pears and play, and with the girls engaged in stemming the grapes for me to make into juice I asked MB more questions, and went over the things she had told me earlier, and she shared even more, then more at lunch a bit later, a regular fountain of info poured out. Later at dinner I had told Jon about what she had said and remembered and Jon got her to remember more things, and even explained a few things that both kids had cried out when we first brought them home, she was a wealth of info all of a sudden, and I plan to write it all down so we do not lose this info, which is quite accurate as far as we can tell.
So even though I wanted a redo on the day, it turned out to be quite spectacular just the way it was, and I probably would not have gotten so much info on a different day with more energy and more things to do, so it was just perfect!!!
gotta go feed the crew now, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte