Well, last night was a pretty successful night as far as the new schedule, and chores go. The house got cleaned up nicely, toys put away, and Gabe down by 8:30p. This is no small feat in our house, and all the kids were even washed and lotioned. The girls did the house clean up while Gabe showered, and then they showered and lotioned each other, while I got Gabe ready for bed, he needs about an hour to unwind and go to sleep, so we sing, and read, and massage(which he loves!!), and then I get to do my thigh master excercises, as last night he wanted nothing to do with the rocker, I had to walk and bounce, so it was a good workout!! He curled right in to me and pressed his face to my throat, and I was reminded once again how much I love being a mom, and how glad I am that we adopted and waited for God's timing to bring these guys to our family! MB last night had a few troubles though, she has problems following instructions, especially if there are more than a few steps to remember, you cannot tell her to eat her sandwich, then remind her to also drink her milk and tell you about her day, she cannot process all of them, she does the last thing heard, nothing else. This is the way her brain works, she very in the moment. Last night I asked about her day (I was with her all day but it is something we do;) ) so she told me about the last hour, going to the fruit market, and getting milk and oranges and apples. Then about setting the table, nothing about the fact that we went to the mall for the first time, and she saw the Disney store and nearly fell over with excitement!! That was too long before, not in the last few moments or hours. This is a big reason we need to finish the schedule, so she can see the things we did, and what to do next, and the chore chart helps to remind her of all the things she needs to accomplish before bed time and stories.
Yesterday Julianna was so good, since the weather was so crappy I decided to bake, I baked up a storm, and when the kids all woke from their naps(J did not nap, she read quietly then came out and played Webkinz for a bit), MB wanted to play Webkinz, so I logged her on. She is still learning to use the computer and mouse, so she has trouble, but can do little harm to the computer. So she would get stuck, and need help, I was baking so I would ask J to help out, and she would stop reading her Highlights magazines, and assist, then let MB take over again. This went on for almost an hour, and J never got irritated she just kept helping out, and letting Mb direct her, they went shopping for clothes and food, and MB directed and J purchased, a good combo!! It was very nice and I liked seeing J help out, and MB figured out how to change pets, and was so excited, she even figured out the click and drag to feed the pets, not an easy skill!! All thanks to Julianna!!
Today we have another crappy day, so we may take a lunch and go the the children's museum, the kids need to run and scream for a bit and I need to not worry about annoying the neighbors or other shoppers, plus we need no more groceries;)
Off to make lunches, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment