Saturday, August 16, 2008

Some things are just too sweet to let go by without making note of them. Yesterday Julianna and Amelia Birtu were sitting down and having lunch and J was telling MB about Disney( a common topic of conversation lately) and about how many fun things there are to do. Well J started to describe the rides, and stated unequivocally that she did not want to go on Goofy's Barnstormer this time, but then quickly turned to MB and patted her shoulder gently and told her she would like it, to just try it once. J went on to soothingly comfort the very confused Amelia, by saying that "you are very brave, and you will like the ride, Daddy will take you on it, and it will be lots of fun for you!" It was hard not to laugh, since J was trying very hard to be nice and make her sister feel better, but MB was so confused about why she might be scared, but she will try to brave, and J will be there to pat her shoulder and comfort her if she does get scared while in Disney, I am sure;) !!
Well Gabe has been doing well with his therapy, and the speech pathologist is coming next week to see where we need to work more in his speech. He is doing more this week than he did last week, and has been trying to watch our mouths for the letter sound/sight for proper pronunciation, just like Diana taught him. He has also started to get potty stickers for every time he goes potty, and he likes it. While he had therapy yesterday I worked with the girls on their homeschool work, Julianna is doing really well in writing, and used a lined tablet to write her letters, and had spelling words to do, and did them well. MB worked on her letters, and did letter dot to dot puzzles, and had fun!!
We took the kids to the Washington County fair the other day, they had a blast looking at all the animals and seeing the cars, tractors and fun things, especially the momma pig and piglets and the fluffy chickens. They were even brave enough to touch the angora bunny when a lady was combing it to see how soft it was. It was fun to show them totally new things, and we had a nice picnic under the pine trees, bought kettle corn and wandered among the craft booths, a perfect fair day!!
Now I am off to make some fresh squeezed juice for the kids, they love it and it is easy to make with my big juicer. I have to admit I have become a bit of a nerd when it comes to some things, and have lately been researching fresh/raw juices, and the health benefits, and how cheap they are to make, especially since I have a pear and apple tree in the back yard, and my grapes are almost ready to pick. The kids love the juice flavors I come up with and I love that I can use up over ripe or spotty fruit, and it is few servings of fruit and veggies too, all good! To that end I have also been experimenting with different recipes for extra zucchini, and found the best chocolate cake recipe, it uses 2cups of shredded zucchini, and I can use up those huge zucchs that grow to the size of a baseball bat overnight!! The kids love the cake, it is moist and fudgy, and I love that it is easy and healthy, I even made it without any eggs, just applesauce and a bit of PB for binding(not that I don't love eggs, but I ran out making something else and had to use up the 8 cups of shredded zucchini I had!). We love the cake, and now I plan to try a few more recipes with zucchs, and then to use my juicer to squeeze some of my soon to be ripe tomatoes, freeze the tomato juice for soups, and freeze the pulp separate for paste for soups and sauces etc. I figure if I add some onion and celery or carrot I have the base for lots of soups too, already premade, sometimes I am so well thought out I scare myself!! But now I really must go and squeeze some pears, carrots, and apples for a yummy snack for the kids, love to all Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte