Happy Father's Day to all!!! I am very lucky and would like to share my luck with you all, I have 3 wonderful fathers, plus am married to a wonderful father too!! I grew up with a wonderful father, before it was common, cool, or considered even normal to be hands on with your kids my dad was, he coached our softball team, never making me feel bad for being an awful batter, just helping me practice. He took us out(with my mom) into the woods and taught us about trees, flowers, animals and their tracks, all sorts of neat things. He was the one who would unhook our brook trout when we caught them(we could put a worm on the hook, but never take a fish off:) ), he taught us to shoot a bow and arrow, and let us use his compound bow for practice, and took great pride in the fact that we learned to shoot a .22, shotgun and muzzle loader at the ages of 12-13. Daddy has been to many parties, played many games, listened to many stories and troubles, and in general been there for so many things, big and small. He has also become a wonderful grandfather, and loves that too, and watching him with our kids reminds me of how much he loves to teach and be with kids, and how much patience he has to do so.
My father in law was my second father, he is a wonderful man who I have grown to love dearly, he is very kind and generous, and has always been there to give advice when needed. Manny is a good friend and father, he has always been a very hard worker and taught Jon well, he did everything he could to bring Jon up well and did a great job of it. Manny is the kind of man you turn to when you need help, he is the first to offer assistance and time, even when both are in short supply. Now he is ill, and having a hard time with his illness, but always has a smile and a laugh when you stop by, and a willing ear and an offer of assistance if needed. Manny is one of a kind and I am proud to call him Papa, and he loves all of his grandchildren, and enjoys their antics and chatter even when he is not feeling well.
Eric is my other father, he is my step dad, and a wonderful man as well. I have known Eric only 9 years or so, and he was not a huge fan of me when we first met, but slowly we have gotten to know each other and appreciate each others differences. I love Eric's sense of humor, it is dry and hilarious, and he is very thoughtful, picking me flowers for my birthday, and he loves to choose gifts for Julianna, and now is excited to have more grandkids to dote on and spoil. He gives so much time and attention to them and to all of us, we are his only kids(poor thing got kids when they were in their early 20's, YIKES!!!) but he is always available to help out, give advice, or share tools or equipment. Eric is such a great guy, we like to hang out with them(when they are not working, which is a lot!) and have a cookout, it is always a good time, and Eric is also very busy taking care of his mom and anythings that she needs done around her house, he gives of his own time very generously, and then still wants to have the kids over to pick strawberries, take boating, play in the the pool or gardens, etc. He is lots of fun, and has been a wonderful grandpa to Julianna, and watching him with Julianna has been wonderful since he never did the little girl things so much before her, it is just so sweet to watch, and now he looks forward to doing fun stuff with all of the kids!
Jon is the final dad in my life, he is the best daddy ever. there is no one else I would even consider going through this life with, and definitely no one I would have gone through the ups, downs, and inside outs of adoption with!! Jon is a wonderful man, with so much love to give, he is so much fun to be with, and has a great time just hanging out with the kids and I. He is a very hands on dad, he loves to be with the kids, and teach them or learn from them. Being a stay at home dad is not easy, especially since I am a pretty demanding wife, but he does it well. I could never write all of the qualities I love about Jon, there are too many, but he is just such a wonderful husband, father, son, grandson, and nephew, he always thinks of others and their wants and needs. I am blessed to be his wife and cannot to see what else comes down the road toward us in the future!!
Thank you to all of my fathers, I love you all, and am so blessed to have you in my life, I wish you could all know just how much you mean to me, I love you, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment