Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today started so nicely, I go Mother's Day off, my gift from my bosses!! I got a nice coffe and yogurt in bed, then got lovely hand made earrings and a necklace, it is perfect, it is Africa, with a heart cut out where ET is, I love it and have wanted it for a while, so Jon bought it for me!! I also got breakfast, eggs, bacon and banana bread, YUM!! We headed off to church and ahd a wonderful sermon, the entire congregation prayed over Jon and I for our safe and joyous journey, and I cried, Jon got all goose bumpy, it was very moving! After church we visited Papa, he was glad for the company and we chatted for a while, and he looks much better, but still having strange pains. After hugging and kissing him we headed to Karen's, they had sprung Nana for the afternoon so we had a cookout and chatted and caught up. It was very nice and fun, everyone wished us a safe journey, and Maman gave us her big suitcase.
I spent a bit of time packing and weighing our bags, and we are right on the money for weight, I think! I still have some clothes to pack though for Jon, so we will see where they will fit in. Currently we have 3 big cases, 1 tote, a rolling suitcase(carryon), a lap top case as carryon, mu purse, and Julianna's rolling back pack, these are all full, I may need to carry our big backpack too to fit it all in. We have tons of donations from friends, and from ourselves for AHOPE and our care center too, so this is adding space and weight, but the items are worth it. Julianna helped pick out some toys to give to the kids at AHOPE, and cannot wait to break them out for those litte ones!! We also have tons of lollipops and tootsie rolls to give out!!!!! Craft supplies are hard to come by too, so we have packed rolls of paper, paints, brushes, and foamy stickers, so much fun. We will post tons of pics in the next few day so stay tuned for those, for now I ma taking a break and relaxing, we hit Target for the last time before we leave, mostly to return a few items we had to much of, and only to buy a card game and ink for our portable printer. We have everything else, I Hope, nothing else will fit!!Night all, Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte