Okay, so I am back, and will hopefully begin to blog more in the coming days and months. I took a bit of a hiatus to try to sort out how to be the mom of 3, and it is easier and harder than I thought it would be! I find I am much more efficient than I was before, I have a relatively tidy house, clean sink and half full dishwasher, dinner planned for a few days, no huge piles of laundry, so all in all not too bad. I have managed to go grocery shopping with 1 little one, and then a big trip by myself, and we have gone out to get small items for the kids too, they are good in stores. All of the kids keep each other entertained pretty well, so there is less need for mom to referree or entertain, they are pretty happy playing together, or coming and cuddling with mom and dad. I have been having lots of fun playing and hanging out with all of the kiddos, we have done lots of gardening and are planning to do some planting later today if the rain holds off a bit longer. Mia Birtu loves to garden, and weed and water, especially water, and Gabe loves it when we water, he is right there to try and drown himself or wash his hands.
I find that being the mom of 3 is harder than I thought though because there is less of my patience to go around, a lot less, and since the two little ones get most of it poor Julianna gets very little, and she gets reprimanded for things she knows better about often. I am trying to not get too worked up about things though, and since we are all getting sleep pretty well it is not too bad. Sleep, this is my most happy thing right now, naps are still hard, they fight them but need them desperately, but night time is great, they go to bed pretty easily(Mia Birtu is greiving so she often cries but falls asleep in my arms or daddy's), and then sleep through the night, until 4 when Gabe gets up for a bottle, and play time. The play time is not so good, and I think I have broken him of this habit finally, and last night he slept through the whole night and the girls slept until 7am, oh Heavenly!!! Now if only I could kick this cold I got on our flight home I could sleep through the whole night too!!!
Gotta go, there might be a Polly Pocket war brewing that I need to head off before it becomes WWIII!
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment