Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Bonus Post

Wow, tonight I get a bonus post!! All of the kids are fed, jammied and happily watching the Muppet Movie(Kudos to the muppets, I love 'em still!) I have been given a reprieve of a few minutes, before the movie is over and tenya begins(that is sleep in Amharic if you are interested). Today was the first day that we got everyone to nap without any fights, tears, wails or other ear splitting and emotional ammunition used! Gabe really prefers to sleep in his sling, and with the advent of being home alone to put to bed 3 little ones, I can go with that, at least until he is more used to the house and his room. Mia Birtu and Julianna played for a while before Tenya, we set a timer then went in and told them it was time for rest, they fought a bit, but played quietly in their beds, from there to sleep is a very small crumple of a tired little body to a comfy pillow! Julianna has been napping too since she is playing so much with her sister and brother, she is wupped too! Bed time is generally not as much of a struggle as naps, so I have hopes for tonight. After nap time Aunt Moe, Katy, Katie and Amy came over to visit, and brought gifts, the girls got T's and Hannah Montana hair bobs, very cool, and Gabe got a cool tropical shirt and a car. The girls very sweetly said their thank You's, and Gabe gave hugs and kisses, so they did very well. Grammy also came over, just before naps, and stayed to visit a bit, and get hugs and play for a few minutes before returning to work, the kids were good and dresses up Grammy and dressed up for Grammy, so lots of fun overall!
Tomorrow we hope to go to church, and hope it goes well!! The kids are pretty good in the morning, it is the afternoon we have to worry about, we messed up their nap time and lunch time the other day and payed the price for it all day!! It is good to know that the schedule we have been sticking to is working for them though, and that they do well on it, especially since I am not much of a schedule person, we are a fly by the seat of your pants family, so this whole plan thing has been tough, but since it works I will stick with it. This morning we went out and got some flower seeds, Mia Birtu picked out some pretty flowers, and Julianna did to, so we will plant them out front, and water them, along with our pea seeds, lettuce, broccoli, green beans, tomato and other sundry veggies we will be growing this summer. I need to do this to offset the cost of groceries we are now consuming as a family of 5!
Gotta go, movie is almost over and I need to make sure the girls can sleep in their beds or if they beds are buried under a pile of dress up and sticker books!
J

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte