I a learning to live with ambiguity, really it is not so bad, if you can have your whole life fluid and pliable for weeks on end!! We got word today that our paperwork has been electronically transferred to ET YEAH!!!!!!! But it may be a few days before ET gets it?! What, how is that electronic transfer work, again?!!??? But that is the deal, so I cam living with it, and oh yes, we can travel next week!! We can arrive 5/15, that is only a week from now(when you figure in the time difference and the 18 hours of flying!) So today I spent an incredible amount of time searching flights, and calling 2 different travel agents. I think we may fly Emirates but am not sure, and now have an inbox full of itineraries and possible travel plans, thankfully they do not have to paid for right now, but can be held, WHEW!!! So that is the big news, we are tentatively flying in a week. Why is nothing going according to the agency info, or my expectations???? We have not yet gotten the calls that send all of our friends over the moon, we got no referral call(the kids were WIC), no court call, Jon preempted it by calling Lyndsay first, and now no travel call, we only get, "well you can make plans but don't book until your papers are in Addis." I may not have firm travel plans until I am in the airport!!!! I am not bitter about this just a bit jealous, and my wallet is feeling tight after seeing how prices jump 1 week before the expected depart date, YIKES!!!!!
On the upside, I did get to talk to a wonderful man from ET today on the phone, and he was very helpful about travel plans and flying through Dubai, and he even gave me some pronunciation lessons, so very sweet!! He is also the first person that has thanked be for the wonderful blessing I am giving my children, and I really felt confident saying that we were the ones that felt blessed by our children's culture and we were so excited to embrace it!! I often feel awkward saying this, but this time it felt natural and he truly appreciated it, and was so very helpful, if you travel soon, call Addis Travel and ask for Tesfa, he is great!!
Now I have to go since I have just spent more time editing the spelling errors than typing, I am tired and my contacts are glueing my eyelids shut(thanks Jon for my glasses!)Love to all and thanks for your prayers!Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment