Well I have to give CIS kudos for being quick with the mail!! I sent our explanation letter out to them last Wednesday, and we got it back on Monday, stating that we needed to send our original approval copy too?!? They had a copy of our HS addendum in hand, with reference numbers galore and still needed our approval too, what approval, which one, have they no idea how many I actually have!!!??! I narrowed it down to our fingerprint approval, it says National Visa Center on, lots of reference numbers too, I am guessing this is the one, so I sent a copy out yesterday. With my luck they will send it back Friday saying they need a copy or our entire homestudy too, GGRRRR!!!!!!! But hey they are quick with the mail, so maybe this bodes well for when we have all the papers they require to them, they can process it faster and send it to the Embassy then, I hope!!
On a good note, I sat down with a fellow church member and friend, and we planned out our Vacation Bible School(VBS), for this year. We were given the official church nod a month ago and so have proceeded accordingly. We are using a program that was used about 6 years ago, but since only a few kids were here then it will work nicely and save us money. We sat yesterday in our back yard swing and went over our ideas, and division of labor, and daily schedule. We added ideas and nixed ideas for a few hours, but now have a pretty clear idea of the direction we want to go, and this year is going to be a big departure from prior years, but fun I hope!! We are planning on having 2 age groups, and crafts and learning program to match, and a closing ceremony with the kids showing off some of their crafting skills and also what they have(hopefully!) learned in the course of the week. This is a first for both or us, to have this responsibility, but we are excited, and have high hopes for a successful program, and I am by nature a planner, so I have lots of ideas, and Kathy keeps me from going too wildly off course!! We also discussed the possibility of restarting our Youth Ventures program, and involving parents and kids in fellowship and fun. If we get enough people we can have softball games, movie nights, soccer games, and ping pong tournaments, lots of fun for kids and their parents. I remember when I was a kid we did lots of things with our parents friends, and had tons of fun. Many kids think their parents are boring, but if you can get them to play together kids and adults all learn something from each other, and our Pastor is a great youth leader, he is really wonderful with them, so we are hoping that this might bring in more families to our church. If nothing else it will be a fun time, and we always have fun when the church has luncheon, it is fun to hang out and get to know each other better, at least Jon and I think so!!
I have to go, I need to get ready for work, and since I have finally slept better for the last few nights I have a spring in my step, and am ready to take on the day, or at least training a new staff member, a tough job no matter how good they are!!
Huge thanks to my darling husband too!! He has been great about being a stay at home dad, he has really gotten into it, makes good dinners, does laundry, tidies the house and works on J's school things too, and yesterday while I lazed about getting a sun burn and discussing church goings on, he painted our shed. It is a little thing right, but tedious since it is textured, and he had to use a large brush. I would have stopped after a few minutes to take a break, but he just kept working, and now it looks great, makes such a difference from the bare wood it was, I am amazed at how bright and tidy it looks, now I really have to get my gardens under control!!!
Now I really have to go so I am not late for work, love and hugs to all, and please pray for our babies, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment