Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally, no "bad" news!!

Lately it has seemed like it is always"well I have good news, and bad news!", like Julianna does not have Foot and Mouth(she had a strange blistery thing yesterday), but our truck is still broken and Doug has no idea what is wrong, but Hey no communicable diseases!!
So, today we got good news, with no bad, we got our CIs approval letter in the mail, and it said they have sent it on to the NVC, so this is great!! I have emailed our SW and everyone I have on my email list(thanks guys for rooting for us, your prayers worked!!!) and our SW has written back and told me she should have a tentative travel date by Thursday at the latest!! Gulp!!!! I am not sure that I can digest this yet, by Thursday I can be making flight reservations, even though they may need to change by a week if our paperwork does not get to the embassy in time!! Yipes!!! I still have so much to do, but since we cannot travel until at least the 2nd or 3rd week or May, I still have time!WHEWWWW!
In the next week we should get a update of the kids, and new pics too, along with a social report that the nannies do for each child, so I am really looking forward to this. I am afraid that I may need to go and get new clothes for Amelia though, if she keeps growing at the current pace she will have out grown Julianna by later this summer, and will even now be pushing the limits of the clothes I have packed for her, YIKES!!!!!
On a totally unrelated note, we just had the first corn of the summer, flown up from FLA, and it was great, very sweet and juicy, if a bit on the small side, but still good!! Went well with hot dogs and garden mulch, and in Jon's case it has a smattering of house paint thrown in for zip!!:)
Today I also purchased little photo albums for each of the kids, we will fill them with pictures of the house and their rooms, and our car, the plane, etc, to help acquaint them with our space, and give it to them to look at when they come into our care. We also plan to make a DVD of us, and our house, and Julianna playing with the dogs in the yard, and show it to them at least 2-3 times to help them out, so not everything is strange, and we will also do a verbal dictionary of things in the house to help them with english. I really need to get working on my Amharic now, the kids have been in care for 5 months, and will have a huge vocab of Amharic from the nannies, so I need to learn some to speak to them and ease frustrations, and to keep from agreeing to what they are babbling that I may not want to allow;) So this is on the agenda for the next few weeks, to help make the time pass quicker since we are pretty packed already!
The only other things I have to do are send out some packages to friends, and sell and send out Ebay items(this is now Jon's sideline job;) ) and work the weekend of 5/4 for a few over nights, the bosses need to go away, and so I will work and earn some good overtime!! Okay now I am rambling and so I have to go wash all of the mulch and grass out of Julianna's hair! hugs and thanks to all Jamie
PS I used coupons today at the store for the few small items I got, and used a coupon for every item I bought, and saved $5.70, and only spent $10.25!! Go me!!! This included milk and rice cake snacks!

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte