Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A test run

Well this last week of "traveling for business" that I have been doing with Julianna has been interesting. We go home tomorrow and I go home with an idea of the things that I must have and things that I don't really need for a week or so away from home, this was kind of a "test run". The results are in of our test run and I found out some very interesting things about our habits, needs and likes/dislikes. Here is the data I have compiled so for, in no particular order;
I can live with 2 small sample size packs of hair wax/gel stuff, but must have more than 1 tube of toothpaste, of different flavors, I get bored and Julianna often likes a different flavor than I do.
I must have at least 3 brand new books, plus many magazines and sewing, scrapping supplies. I will likely read at least 1 book on the lane, so I may need to up that number by a few (thankfully my fave authors have all put out new books recently, so I may get a few for the trip!). I love to read and will use any excuse to do so, except when riding in a car, this just brings on nausea!
I require only 1 kind of lotion, possibly 2 bottles of it, since Addis is so high in altitude and dry, Julianna on the other hand needs 4-5 bottles per day to be happy. Let me explain, she does not use the lotion herself, rather she coast my legs and arms in a skim of white, then rubs my feet, so 3 bottles per person per day, that is a lot, thankfully I have tons of sample sizes!! I shall remain very well moisturized, daddy and Tia too!
Peanut butter is also a must, and plenty of crackers to eat it on, this makes me feel happy and soothes my tummy upsets and nerves.
For Julianna Webkinz are an essential, but I am not sure that they are accessible in Addis, she may have to suffer a bit there, maybe we can get Taylor and Zack to take care of them while we are away, and water, rake and harvest our veggies(in the Webkinz world). I have found that after 7 days Julianna is a bit homesick, but not terribly, and if kept busy enough she is fine, she also has no trouble falling asleep in a strange place or with lots of strange noises around. This is good, but we will carry her sleeping bag anyway I think for comfort, and also because planes never have enough blankets or pillows, and this works as both, plus I can share it with her.
I have to go now, all of Julianna's Webkinz need to be changed for the day, and fed, played with, go for a swim, water the veggies, and go shopping, and this needs to happen in the next hour(according to the little slave driver next to me!) I need to log her in, if she knew how I would have no purpose except to read stories at bedtime and get things off of high shelves for her and pour juice, so I am holding on to my advantages while I have them!! :) Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte