Nothing too exciting is happening around here, Jon and my dad finished their Murphy bed project, and it works, my dad slept in it and there were no loud crashes to be heard, Good job guys!! Jon plans to post pictures of the finished project. I an=m now painting it and getting it ready for Gabriel's toddler bed. Next Jon will be finishing his roughed in savanna and Acacia tree scene, complete with a giraffe, elephant, gazelle, Spiderman, a Brontosaurus, Mickey Mouse and a dragon flying overhead. It will be great!! I need to get started on sorting out Gabe's and Amelia's clothes by size so we know what they can use now and later. I am doing all of this and keeping busy since we are waiting to hear from our SW about the birth certificates and a travel date, we are hoping to travel the 2nd or 3rd week of April. I have talked to a travel agent friend, Alice was a big help, and I have spoken to different airlines as well, so now I know the approximate cost and how many bags and how heavy they can be, I just need a travel date now.
I have started to gather necessary supplies for doing hair, since it appears that Amelia Birtukan will have quite a bit of hair upon homecoming. I purchased hair conditioning oil, and looked at conditioning gel, I have a few hair picks but need a rat tail comb, and will need to order a few sample packs from Blended Cutie to see what they carry that I like. I am hoping to have dinner with an adoptive friend and have her show me the stuff that she uses for her little girls hair, maybe a quick lesson too if the girls can be contained for a few minutes.
So now it is down to the last little things before we leave, I have purchased a huge bag of cat food, need to get a 20lb bag of dog food too, the fish only need an ounce for the week or so, they are all set! Planning to be away for a long period is tough, I am hoping to be able to leave a grocery list for my dear mother in law along with some cash so she can go get the essentials for us for a few days:)!! We shall see what the rest of the week brings, I may be crazy by the weekend with waiting, but there is lots still to do in my long insomniac nights, maybe I will just blog more!!!!
Pray for a travel date for us!!! Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment