Join us in discovering the adventures that await us on our path to grace in our God, come see what this family loves...
Friday, February 22, 2008
Thanks for the Memories.........
Well ok it has taken me a little while to process all of what has happened this week. As I have stated before It seems to me that the more I go to church the more I seem to get out of the weekly message, the message theme for February has been about change. The pastor talked about a sea lion that lived in the desert for many years, It knows it should live in the sea and hates its life in the desert but it has become used to for better or worse. Then God comes by and says today is a new day, a new beginning, a fresh start forget about all the miserable years in the desert and go thrive in the sea. God also told the sea lion to leave his past mistakes behind because you will never make it to the sea trying to carry the desert on your back, you just end up dieing in the desert. Again a few weeks ago when this message started I thought Jamie Julianna and I and the new changes we are about to undergo and the new beginning of the DuPontes that will soon start. Then last week I received a phone call from my father telling me that when I came in on Sat. all we had to do was pack up the store because they decided to lock the doors and close due to failing economy. Now this news has settled in me for a week and while some will look at this as just another business that had to close due to a falling economy, I look at it I see and end on a era, the closing of my parents shop is not only a closing of a store but a tragic loss of two fantastic and greatly loved and respected people of the community whose presents will be sorely missed they have helped so many over the 22 years they have owned the shop. They were like (a real comfy seat) in the community, a few took care of the seat while many just sat on it used it and will not know what the had in till they have to go back to sitting on the stool with splinters. As I helped pack and clean this week it brought tear to my eyes this was such a big part of my life I started working here at 12 years old. I was flooded with memories some horrid and to bad to talk about but most of them were great we all made great Friends from the shop. some have passed and are truly missed and some you just want to miss...... so after this news I feel that this message was also directed to my parents as they must find a way to continue and find there calling to the new beginning of there new day . I am so proud of them for making such a hard decision the strengths I always new they had are now coming to the surface they will make it through this struggle like they have many past struggles with they help of friends family and God. So Mom and Dad I tip Coffee up towards you and toast to two of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure to know. Thanks for the memories its not about were you are going but how you get there and that road trip has been a long and good one. As bosses go you were in the top 2 I have ever had in my life..... always fair and always willing to put others ahead of yourselves. You started out 22 years ago chasing a dream to provide something for you and your family for the future to be your own bosses its very sad to see the ride end but I still look at it as a success for Failure is not to try, and try you guys did and for that I will always be proud and respect you for what you did for me and my family I love you guy and again thanks for all of the memories love to all and God bless you Jon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte
No comments:
Post a Comment