Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sorry I have not been here to blog recently, I have been sick, like achy, nauseous, tired sick. It was very yucky, but I am completely better now, good immunity I guess.
Well nothing exciting has been happening around here, Julianna has been making cards to try to rival Hallmark in production numbers I think, and they were mostly for me to help me feel better. They worked and I am willing to hire her out, but the fee is steep, considering the product mostly consists of lopsided paper hearts, but the sentiment and kisses make up for poor quality paper!!
Lately we have been very lazy, sitting around our house watching the first 2 seasons of House, the show is so darn addictive! Thanks to Steph and Mike for loaning the DVD's to us, they are fantastic! I love the characters, and enjoy watching how they get to the point where the show is currently. I have to admit while I was spending Thursday night contemplating dying by achy body and a body temp of 96.2 I considered calling around to find myself a good diagnostician, then seeing if he was as good a House. Noone will be I am sure but it was comforting to think that there might, somewhere in NJ be an insane and brilliant doctor to cure me.
I promise to return to the musings I started a few days ago, but right now am unable to concentrate of my inner voices and the soup I am making for dinner, and dinner is winning since my inner voices are just as hungry as the 2 outer voices I hear. There would be more voices, but the furry ones have been fed already, since scooping kibble is enough for them, I wonder if I tried kibble on Jon and Julianna if it would get me banished from the Island of DuPonte? Might be worth holding in reserve for another day:)!!

One great adoption note, we asked for and received a developmental update of Gabriel Bethlehem, he is doing well, the doctor notes that he has better motor control and spatial recognition now, his fine motor skills are coming along nicely as he can color with a crayon now, and his speech seems to be advancing, he babbles a lot but is somewhat comprehensible now. I might learn some more sign language to help him communicate better, it worked well with Julianna. We are very happy to get the report though, now we can use this to show our health insurance that he will need some physical therapy when he gets home, and our swim instructor has said she will help too, so he should be up and running with his sisters in no time(maybe not the best for our house and my sanity, but good for him!)
love to all Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte