Join us in discovering the adventures that await us on our path to grace in our God, come see what this family loves...
Thursday, December 6, 2007
I have just finished up some of my gift wrapping, and there is still tons to do!!! I realize every year as I am wrapping that I buy way to much for a certain little person who shall remain nameless! I really need a personal wrapper, some people hire personal shoppers, but I am looking for a very efficient gift wrapper. Strangely in my house growing up gift wrapping was an art form, my mom and dad are expert wrapping paper and bow extrordinaires. My dad made 45* creases that were so sharp you had to be careful not to cut yourself on them, and my grandma Irma was an amazing wrapper, I remember as a kid being jealous of my cousin Beth for being older and getting to go and wrap all of our gifts with Grandma, but I now know I would have made such a muck of it that Grandma would have kicked me out!! Jon is a good wrapper, and he makes amazing bows, they consume half a roll of the curly ribbon each, but they are art!! Me, I am the bag and box queen, it is only for the kids that I really wrap everything, and that is only because they love to rip open that paper and dig in, except for Julianna, she is often careful if the paper is especially pretty, until she gets a peek of whats inside that is, then it is no holds barred tearing and shredding!! So I am now fully in the holiday spirit and look forward to many more nights of wrapping and tying, unless I get a flurry of applications for the position of personal wrapper and bow maker, I don't pay well but make a very nice cookie and candy basket, all offers will be considered and all applicants must show an example of their work, HAHAHAHA HOHOHOHO!!! Good Night and Sweet dreams to all, Jamie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte
No comments:
Post a Comment