Well, Christmas is coming, and it has already begun in our house. I have been doing some Christmas shopping already, and have gotten some great things for Julianna and my nieces and nephews, and have great ideas for the others. I have also been crafting gifts too, so that I can get them all done in time without being too stressed!! HA HA, like that is possible! Jon and I were just talking the other day about where we might go get our Christmas tree this year, we love a huge tree farm that sits on the top of a hilltop, but the old guy that owns it might have finally retired, we'll see I guess! Last night Julianna and I went through the Wish Book from Toys R' Us, and found many things she would like, but only a few mommy agrees with, but a few good items were found, so this can give others ideas for her.
On a different but connected note we have planned to have Julianna's birthday party at the Y, it will be a pool party, with pizza and cake after. Julianna is so excited, she can't wait to show off her swimming skills, and we just had the greatest little ice cream cone cakes, that we are going to try to make for the party!! So many plans, last night I looked online to find some fishy decorations, since we will have an "under the sea" party, I found some great fishy sprinkles, and lots of balloons, but could not find fishy beach balls, or anything like that. I have ordered the Oriental Trading Company catalog though, and they have a great site, with some cool classroom projects and craft projects too!! So many possibilities is one web site!!! I love that!!
Part of the reason Jon and I are so prepared for this Christmas is because we were hoping to be home with our new kiddos before Christmas, but now it looks like we will not get a referral in time to travel before the New Year. Right now we are not sure that we will get a referral before Thanksgiving, pushing our travel back to the end of January or so, but by being ready for Christmas early we will allow ourselves time to be very scattered and also time to finish the nursery. Right now we are kind of holding back on doing the nursery, but I had better get going if I want Jack to ever come down to play. Plus Julianna really wants me to pull out the Little people world again, and the nursery is where it will go, since that is the only space left, so I had better get cracking!!
Gotta go feed the girly girl who is trying to take over the computer, she wants to go online to play some Disney games, we'll see!!!
love and hugs to all, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment