Nothing exciting going on here right now, I have the whole quiet house to myself, the sun is not even up yet. This is my favorite time of day, even though I wish I could have stayed in my nice warm bed longer.
Boy, do we have a busy week this week! If you should drive past my house this week you would be overwhelmed with the smells of pumpkins, spices, grapes, peach and raspberry jam and many other yummy goodies. I have lots of jam and preserves making to do, and the last of my grapes to harvest and turn into yummy grape juice(thanks Jason for the great tips on how to make it super easy!). Jon has to cut, paint, and put together an adirondack chair for our raffle prize this Saturday, plus a whole bunch of other odds and ends to make this whole fundraising dinner go off without a major hitch.
Well we are hoping that with the courts reopening in Ethiopia that some of our friends will make it through and get their childs birth certificates and visas to travel, and this means that many more referrals will go out soon. It has been hard the last few weeks, with no news or movement on the forum, but my social worker told me that 15 referrals went out early in Sept and we only had a few on the forum, so a bunch of people that are not on the forum got referrals, and we just don't know who they are,so this is some consolation. At times like this I will take any consolation I can get!!
All right I need to get a move on, I have lots of fun things to do at work today, I get to reorganize and clean out a pantry and storage space, and put away all summer things for the end of the season. I like Spring/Fall cleaning though, I love living where there is a change in the seasons, and the crisp cool air, smell of leaves and sound of geese is very energizing to me(yes I am strange!)
I almost forgot, WOOOHOOOO!!!! to Julianna who swam all the way to the far end of the pool and back with just the bubble float, last week in her swim lesson. Her instructor was very impressed, and she is so proud of herself, the other little boy in her class jumped off of the racing platform, but she took one look at that and absolutely refused to even consider jumping off. That's my girl, stick to those guns, I hated to jump or dive into pools when I was a kid, I still remember when my mom taught me how, but I never liked it, and will not dive even now, I hate it!! So apparently like mommy like girly in this case, HEE HEE!! Good job Julianna, now for going under water, that might take a while!
blessings Jamie
I also forgot, Happy Birthday Mckade, we miss you and can't wait to see you, Love Julianna
1 comment:
Hi my loved family... We had a great time Sat night. It was so special to be part helping my newest (sp) grandchildren get over here so I can love, hug and kiss them. It is always so wonderful to give to special causes, and I am so grateful for the family, friends, and neighbors that came out in support of you. It truely is a wonderful life when you are surrounded by such caring people. We are all blessed. Love and kisses ...Grammy
Post a Comment