Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!!

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, I have to admit this, I am not big into dressing up and making a fool of myself, but for Julianna I will this year. As a kid I did not mind dressing up, but as I got a bit older I always felt foolish, and since I could live without the candy I rarely dressed up as a teen. I enjoy seeing all of the costumes, and going out and having fun and the mystique of the whole evening, but don't really enjoy being part of the parade. Julianna thinks that I look fabulous in my costume though, so for her I will do this. Julianna loves dress up, and often dresses up and puts on plays for us, or orders us around if she is being Cinderella's wicked sisters, or mops and sweeps if I get the role of the wicked stepmother. I was never a dress up girl as a kid so maybe this is a quirk she got from daddy!!!
As I was doing Fall cleaning a few days ago I ran across a big sweater box with COSTUMES written on it, so I looked inside, and sure enough there were different costume items, top hats from New Year parties, a feather boa, a pirate shirt, etc. I remember that Jon years ago, shortly after we married and moved to New Bedford, had wanted to throw these things away, ad I said "no, our kids may love to play with them for dress up someday". I had no idea how true this would become, half of our days are spent in dress up, soon we may start reenacting historical characters, and visiting reenactments, just to get some history and reading in our play time curriculum!!
The box I found did have a blue wig, from a Thing 1 and Thing 2 costume, so this will be used for my costume tonite, Julianna will be Hannah Montana, I will be her faithful sidekick Lola, and Jon will be Bobby Ray!! This should be very funny, and as long as the pictures are not too obscene with me dressed as Lola, I will post some soon.
Now though I have to go and finish Hannah's jacket, and bling up a shirt for Cricket, since she must go out too!!!
Happy Haunting everyone, and blessings, love Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte