Wow, what a week, it has been crazy around here, since Father's Day. First let me say that i have a great husband, and Julianna has a great daddy, we are so lucky, and we love him very much!!! I also have a great dad, step dad and father-in-law, and they are all so great, they are the best!! I always know when i need help or advice that they will help out and be available, and they are great grandpas too, Julianna loves all of her grandpas and papas.
Now back to our crazy week, it all started on Sunday, but i found out Monday morning, I had been planning on a quiet day at work, just maintenance and chores kind of stuff, but when i got to work I found out that my boss Grant had broken his arms, yes that was a plural! So I called Dennis(my other boss) to find out what was up, and he said Grant was out of commission and we needed to figure out what to do. After a bit of discussing it was decided that I would move into the Inn and would take over for a few days. Well this necessitated a run home for clothes and gear, and Julianna, with all of her stuff, toys, blankies, and homeschool stuff. Yipes, we do not travel light, but I got it all together and we got back to the Inn, and began our Innsitting. I have no idea how Dennis gets things done some days, every time I began to do computer work the phone would ring and I would need to take a reservation, or Julianna would need something, or a guest would have a question, it was an endless circle, with me the hamster in the wheel!!! But on the upside I did teach myself how to do all sorts of computer tricks in our new reservation program, so this was good. During this sojourn Julianna was great, most of our guests never knew she was in the house, and she worked quietly on her homeschool and played with my assistant Svetla, who was a huge help along with Stanley, Thanks Guys!!!!! Julianna and I were relieved on Wednesday afternoon, and now Grant is back to work, but very limited in his abilities, and very sore, but getting better every day!
Along with all of the work excitement we have been getting ready for Julianna's recital, which was this past Saturday, and we had rehearsal Thursday, dress rehearsal Friday and the recital Saturday. This was a huge event, and Julianna has been so excited about the recital, and has been practicing so hard, but we were not sure how she would do with a big and loud audience, I am not sure now why we worried!! Julianna and her little classmates did great!!! They loved the audience, had no fear and a great time. I volunteered backstage in her room, with 6 or 7 other moms, and 25 little 4-5 year olds, and they were great. We brought Polly Pockets, and My Little Ponies, and they were a big hit, and all the little girls shared them and played pretend, or colored, so it was fun, and we got to stand to the side of the backstage and watch as our little angels danced and pirouetted and smiled, they had a great time, and we loved watching them!!! I am looking forward to doing it again next year, only this time Julianna will be in ballet and tap, so it will be even busier, and more fun. Julianna's grandparents, great grands, and auntie and uncle came to watch her perform, and they all had a good time too, so all in all a good night that went well with no meltdowns or injuries, and nary a tear in sight in our room, Whooppeee!!
In amongst all the Innkeeping and ballet excitement Julianna and Jon also had a playdate with our Ethiopian adoptee group at a local beach on Friday morning. It was a nice day, but a bit windy, and all the kids had a good time. Parents did too from what Jon has said, he met a mom that I had met a week before at our mom's night out gathering, she and her husband brought home their daughter almost 2 months ago and used CHSFS. So Jon had a good time getting to know them, and meet some new parents too, and Julianna got to play with lots of little friends, and her fave is still Bereket, who still roars like a lion at her, just like he did when they first met at the aquarium, so silly!
So all in all last week was full, now back to our slightly boring but much calmer life, and I for one am thankful for it, since we have 2 weddings and the fourth to get through in the next few months, I will take all of the boring weeks I can get!!!
So I am off to an early sleep to try to recover from the recital, and wish all a happy summer solstice, that is soon right??
I also want to send my very best wishes to my friend Toni in Bulgaria, she is due to have her first baby in the next week, and I am hoping that a full moon and the Summer Solstice will help her along, so, Love and Hugs to Toni, and best wishes for a speedy delivery and a happy healthy little baby, Kisses, Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment