Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Well hello everyone hope all is well just wanted to drop in quick and update with some new pics and info. am really looking forward to this weekend the only thing planned is a breakfast for fathers day yeah to me.Speaking of Father's day I just want to give a big old superman(ly) hug to my dad on this special day for us fathers. My dad is a great man who I could ask for and count on for anything . he would do everything and anything in his power to help me and my family all i have to do is ask, and he would give me his last dollar or go hungry just so i could eat.He and I have a special bond like superman and Bizzaro to people with the same power just a little opposite of each other. I use to get upset when people called me Little Manny , or my fathers smaller clone but as we all know I am not a little Manny I am Me with a lot of his personality instilled into me. Now that I am older I don't look at that as a insult or something to be ashamed of but rather something to be proud of for when people compare me to my father they are usually referring to the great hard working man ,the honest man, the man who can be counted on to do what he needs to do to get the job done, sure sometimes the are comparing my attuned to his ( but hay who do not have some anger management issues they need to work on). He instilled on to me a great since of values like you have to work for what you want and always take care of you mother, nothing is for free (unless you "borrow" something of dad's and have it for over a year).He may not have been there to guide me all the time growing up but he gave me a great moral compass and enough kicks in the A@@ to get going in the right direction and even though life may not have turned out how everyone plans but as long as you have a good since of direction and a faith it should all turn out ......
and it wouldn't be happy fathers day unless I said a hello to the two other "dad's" in my life
1.My Father In-Law Richard ( Dick) who I have come to know very well over the last 12 year of my life and what a great man he has become he a great dad to Jamie and I and a great grand pa to Julianna. Dick has taught me many very cool things in life some fishing and a lot of construction stuff . We get to see him a every other month when he visits and it is good to talk and catch up I don't know How I could have fixed a lot of stuff in our house with out him THANK YOU DICK for a lot of things but mostly for your daughter happy fathers day.
2 My "step dad Eric Married my mother in law. We have come to know Eric for the kind and caring soul he is he has also become a instant dad/gran pa and has taken both titles and ran with them I personally think he really enjoys it He is always there to help us if we need it and just love his grand daughter I know who wouldn't .. well happy fathers day to the rest of us dad and enjoy father hood for all it is because even though you never stop being a father the kids sure do grow up so fast so enjoy every moment with them and thank God for all you have ........God bless and Happy Fathers Day Jon

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte