Friday, November 12, 2010

past the boring, and on to Mercy!!!

"We are a family of 5, one homegrown, and two adopted from Ethiopia. We love each other and God passionately, and enjoy our daily adventures in homeschooling. Jon and I are blessed to be given the opportunity to help our children reach their full potential, and this blog chronicles our daily inroads into parenting as well as what international adoption means to us. Join us in this adventure we call life!!'
"This blog chronicles our families deep and abiding love for eachother and God, join us in this fabulous adventure we call life!"


Both of these might seem familiar to you, as they are the openings of our blog, and the About Us part of our blog, but they are not really us.  I mean, they are, this is what and who we are, but they do not really capture us, they make us sound stuffy, and possibly boring, gasp.  Now, we may not be the most exciting family ever, but we surely could not qualify as boring, ever, we are too crazy, and much too busy, for that!  
You know how you just often post, but never really look at your blog, well, I have been guilty of that lately, and then suddenly was reading what it said in the "about us" section, and went "hmmm, I am bored by this, and I know us, why would others be interested enough to get past the boring, yipes!!"  So, that is the prompt for this overhaul, I was bored by us, but still not sure what I should have, written there.  I realize that part of my problem is that we are so many things, Christian, adoptive family, homeschoolers, care givers, special needs, it is hard to put it all in, and still get across the part that we are fun (at least in our own minds;-), and crazy, but not insane fanatics, or whacko's, fine line right there!!  Well it is a work in progress, but many of my friends have great intros, so I may try some out to see how they feel on the blog, so stay tuned for the new blog intro, maybe a new one weekly, we will see ;0)
By the way, have I mentioned that my darling hubby got us tickets to see MercyMe, tonight, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So excited, it will be such fun to go see them, and thanks to the deChicken family we will not have to rush home, the kiddos are having  sleep over, YAY again!!!!!!!  Expect to see a few pic posts from the concert tonight, since they have wifi there ;-)  so excited!!


See, how can we be that boring, since I had to click 5 things as labels, we are too many things, but boring was not a label I marked off, must work on this...

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte