"We often find that faith is spelled R-I-S-K. Every time we step out in faith we are taking a risk. We risk looking foolish. We risk being disappointed. We risk having our hearts broken. Yet to live by faith requires a willingness to take risks and to work without a net."
I recently read this on a homeschool website I get emails from, if you have not heard of This Old Schoolhouse, you are missing out, it is fun and fantastic, with great freebies every week!!!!! Anyway, enough of a plug for This Old Schoolhouse, onto the quote. This really resonates with me, as I have been trying to step out in faith more often, and more fully, holding nothing back, really working without a net. The risks are huge, I try not to calculate just how huge, too daunting, but the rewards, are incalculable, truly worth every foolish moment, every disappointment, so very worth the risk!!!
Jon and I have some large risks to take here in the next few years, and the risks are very large, but we are trying to faithfully follow the path laid out before us. We are aware of some of the risks of following this faithful path, but know that there will be unexpected risks and pitfalls as well. The path we will prayerfully follow is not going to be easy, but we will continue to live by faith, knowing that the Lord will not give us more than He knows we can handle.
No comments:
Post a Comment