It is so easy to get caught in the deep dark well of financial debt, and so hard to see the light up above. Paying off credit card debt, and other debts seems impossible, and the credit companies want to keep you in their grip too, so it seems useless to attempt to pay it all off. I could never see not having any credit card debt, so it never seemed worth concerning myself with the idea of paying it all off, it all seemed so far away and such an impossible dream, but I have learned it is closer than I imagined! Jon found a website that helps you determine which cards and debts to pay first, which next, and so on, using the amount paid to one, once paid off, to pay off another faster, simple really, but so hard to stick to, until NOW! Now we have a date, and by that date all of our debt outside of our house will be gone, we will be financially free, YAY!!!!!!!
Jon and I do not accrue more debt right now, we use only cash or debit for all purchases, so no new debt will pile up to replace the paid off debts, so now I have a goal, and this goal is to pay off our debt even faster, maybe months faster. I have a few different strategies I plan to use to do this, mostly cutting back of my grocery bills, and general spending. Neither of these budgets is large to begin with, but I have found a few ways to cut back already, and will continue to hunt for more. I want to pay this off faster, since the faster we get this paid down the faster I can start filling out the paper work that will begin our next adoption. I am very committed to bringing home a new little one in a few years, so this is my focus, my light at the end of this "financial fasting" that I am doing.
I am so excited by the prospect of no extra bills, and a lighter debt load, Jon can cut back on work a bit,and I can continue to stay home and teach our kids. Financial freedom is almost in my hands, and I am thrilled by this, and so very blessed and thankful too.
Many know that last year I lost my long time job at the Inn, and it was hard for a long time, but Jon and I were faithful to our church and the offering, and are now reaping the benefits of that obedience. We have never had so much and brought in so little money wise, and we are truly blessed.
I will continue to post about the ways I have found to cut back on our spending while still living life and enjoying it, since I have tried out the starvation thing as a kid and am not keen on it, and have no intention of ever putting my kids in that position if I can help it, so I will find ways to make the money stretch, wriggle, and even do the hula if it will help to pay down our debts faster;-)
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment