Last night Jon and I had a real date, like a dress up, babysitter, dinner and drinks after with friends, and I - put-on- nail- polish kind of date!! It was great, my hubby is so sweet he had this all planned, and my dear mother in law came over and watched the kids, it was wonderful!! Jon and I had a chance to just sit and talk about things, and discuss plans we had for the fam, and where we wanted to go in the coming year. It was great to be able to talk to my love without constant interruptions or the need to run a little someone to the bathroom(my big one can take himself!). I forget how nice it is to reconnect sometimes without outside distractions, lovely!!
After dinner we met Kate and Jeff at Applebee's for drinks after Jeff's basketball game, that was great too! We never get to go out and meet friends for a drink just to chat and hang out, it was fun!! The best thing about the friends we have made in the last few years is that we have tons in common, similar outlooks on life, great family structure and values, and we can just discuss so many topics and never run out of conversation!! Kate and Jeff are no exception, they are fun and funny, and I cannot wait for them to have a little one at home to play with, I can see us doing family outings and vacations to Santa's Village in the coming years!! The boys even have a "man date" to go see a movie or two, I forget now which ones(not mine or Kate's type of movie, oh well!) and Kate and I have an evening planned for this coming week, it should be fun!! For me this is especially nice since I have a hard time making friends, really, I do(this may be unbelievable to some:)! I know so many people who have friends from high school and even grade school, not me so much, I don't have contact with anyone I went to grade school with, and I moved just before my senior year of high school, and did not really make close friends. Forget about college, I never learned a persons name in college, and I was there for 2 years, that is how shy I can be!! So for me this last year or so has been like starting all over to make the friends I will keep for life, and I have made some wonderful friends, and I am so thankful for their support and caring, I am so lucky!! I married my best friend, and am making my life long friends, yeah for me!!!
So before I get totally mushy I will end this!! Overall it was a wonderful evening and I am so glad my dear husband planned this evening out for me, Thanks sweetie!! Jamie
1 comment:
We're so glad we could be a part of your night out!! We've been so lucky to become friends with you guys and we're looking forward to many family outings together!!! (And I'm really looking forward to a girls night out tomorrow!!)
Post a Comment